Voice Massage therapy manages muscular groups related with breathing and voice production with traditional massage. The purpose is to eliminate muscular tension to regain posture, mobility (specially in the area of rib cage and diaphragm) and general relaxation. Breathing and stretching excercises are included in the therapy. Knowledge of own body and relaxed mind create a base for balanced voice production.
Voice massage therapy is used to:
- general relaxing
- prevent voice problems in voice professionals
- support speech and voice therapy and singing
- eliminate problems of breathing and positioning in wind instrument players
- eliminate biting muscle tensions and pain
- eliminate tension in muscles around larynx and diaphragm as an additional treatment for gastroesophageal reflux
- compensate inadequste breathing (e.g. asthma or COPD)
- alleviate breathing, swallowing and talking (e.g. Parkinson or ALS)
- eliminate muscular tension
- improve breathing in athletes
The duration is 60–90 min. and together 1–5 treatment sessions are needed, but long term voice and breathing issues or labour exhaustion situations more sessions are needed.